Spin the wheel
Best ever milk-free creamy mashed potato
- 4 large or 6 medium white potatoes
- 25g butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Add a pinch of salt to a pot of water and boil on the hob.
- Peel and cut potatoes into 2cm pieces.
- When water is boiling, add potatoes and bring back to the boil. Boil potatoes for 15 minutes, or until a sharp knife pushes through the pieces easily.
- Drain potatoes using a sieve. Place the sieve back on top of the pot. Using the back of a spoon, push the potatoes through the sieve back into the pot.
- When all the potato has been pushed through, add a pinch of salt and pepper and the butter to the potato. Mix well.
- Place pot back on a low heat for 2 to 3 minutes to reheat. Stir continuously to avoid burning.