Spin the wheel
Brussels sprouts with pancetta
- 1kg Brussels sprouts Brussels sprouts bruss-ell spr-ow-tThe quintessential Christmas dinner veg, Brussels sprouts are throught to have been cultivatedâ€¦
- 100g thinly sliced pancetta, cut into 2cm strips Pancetta pan-chet-ahPancetta is Italian cured pork belly - the equivalent of streaky bacon. It has a deep, strong,â€¦
- about 4 tbsp hot goose fat
- a handful of shredded sage Sage sa-agePopular in both Italian and British cookery, sage has long, grey-green leaves with a slightlyâ€¦
- Blanch the Brussels sprouts in a pan of boiling salted water for 3 mins, then drain and tip into a bowl of iced water to cool quickly. Drain well again and set aside until nearly ready to serve. SautÃ© the pancetta in the hot goose fat until crisp. Toss in the sprouts and stir-fry for 2-3 mins, adding the sage to serve.