Spin the wheel
Fennel, pea and mint soup
- 600 g (1 lb 5 oz) fennel, chopped
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) fresh or frozen peas
- 900 ml (1 pint 12 fl oz) vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Salt and black pepper
- To garnish: a few small lettuce leaves, such as oak-leaf lettuce, and a few sprigs of fresh herbs, such as chervil and mint
- Place the fennel, peas and stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the fennel is tender.
- Add the chopped mint and simmer for a further 1 minute.
- Reserve a cupful of the vegetables and purÃ©e the remaining mixture in a food processor or with a hand-held mixer. Scrape the purÃ©e back into the pan.
- Return the reserved vegetables to the soup and reheat. Season to taste with salt and pepper then serve, garnished with the lettuce leaves and herbs.