Spin the wheel
Salmon and broccoli quiche
- 1 shortcrust pastry sheet
- 4 large eggs
- 250ml (9 fl oz) single cream
- chopped fresh dill, to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 3 fillets hot smoked salmon, or more if desired
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets and steamed
- 225g (8 oz) extra mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Line a 25cm (10 in) flan tin with the shortcrust pastry; cut away excess pastry. Prick bottom with a fork, cover with a sheet of parchment, then fill with dried beans.
- Bake blind for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and remove parchment and baking beans. Return pastry case to oven for 5 to 10 minutes. Take out and let stand.
- Whisk eggs and cream together in a bowl, add the dill to taste and black pepper if desired; stand to one side.
- Flake the salmon in base of flan case, then top with the broccoli and cheese. Pour over the egg mixture until evenly distributed.
- Return to oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until the mixture is set and golden brown.