Spin the wheel
Courgettes with Chickpea and Mushroom Stuffing
- 4 courgettes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g (4 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, or to taste
- 1 (400g) tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- handful chopped fresh parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Grease a shallow baking dish.
- Scoop out the flesh of the courgettes; chop the flesh and set aside. Place the shells in the prepared dish, hollowed side up.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. SautÃ© onions for 5 minutes, then add garlic and sautÃ© 2 minutes more. Stir in chopped courgette and mushrooms; sautÃ© 5 minutes. Stir in coriander, cumin, chickpeas, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into courgette shells.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until courgettes are tender.