Quick celeriac remoulade
- 7 tbsp good quality mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juice only Lemon le-monOval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruitsâ€¦
- 1 small celeriac, about 650g/1lb 7oz Celeriac sell-air-e-akThe unsung hero of the vegetable world, knobbly, odd-shaped celeriac has a subtle, celery-likeâ€¦
- toast and watercress, to serve Watercress wort-er-cressWith deep green leaves, and crisp, paler stems, watercress is related to mustard and is one ofâ€¦
- In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice together thoroughly with a generous sprinkling of salt and some freshly ground black pepper, so it all becomes one sauce.
- Peel and quarter the celeriac, then, working quickly, coarsely grate it and stir into the sauce until evenly coated. Serve the celeriac remoulade with lots of toast and some dressed watercress. It will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.