Spin the wheel
Chocolate and raspberry custard tart
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 500ml milk
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 200g plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 100g plain chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 180g fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Butter and flour a tart tin, and line with the puff pastry. Pierce the pastry all over with a fork. Place in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Bring the milk with the sugar and vanilla to the boil in a saucepan, then immediately remove from the heat.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl, then whisk in the flour and salt. Gradually whisk in the milk mixture until the mixture is smooth.
- Spread the ground almonds, chocolate and raspberries in the bottom of the pastry case, and pour over the custard mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and until a knife inserted near the centre comes out clean, about 40 minutes.