Spin the wheel
Chinese Fish Soup
- water as needed
- 1 (750g) whole carp fish, cleaned, de-scaled and rinsed
- 1 (1.5cm) piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic leaves or shoots, cut into 5cm lengths
- Cut the fish into several pieces.
- Bring a stock pot of water to the boil. Drop the fish and ginger into the boiling water and return to the boil.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes or until the stock becomes creamy white in colour.
- Add the rice wine and salt and cook for a few more minutes. Stir in the garlic leaves and ladle the soup into a serving bowl.