Spin the wheel
Summer fruit quinoa salad
- 100g quinoa Quinoa keen-wahTiny, bead-shaped, with a slightly bitter flavour and firm texture, quinoa may not be aâ€¦
- 3 peaches or nectarines, or 6 apricots, diced Peach pee-chSweet, juicy and fragrant, peaches are one of the most beautiful fruit around. Around the sizeâ€¦
- 50g toasted hazelnut, roughly chopped Hazelnut hay-zl-nutGrown in Europe and the US, hazelnuts are encased in a smooth, hard brown shell but are mostâ€¦
- handful mint, roughly chopped Mint mi-ntThere are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.â€¦
- handful parsley, roughly chopped Parsley par-sleeOne of the most ubiquitous herbs in British cookery, parsley is also popular in European andâ€¦
- 2 tbsp olive oil Olive oil ol-iv oylProbably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It'sâ€¦
- zest and juice 1 lemon Lemon le-monOval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruitsâ€¦
- Put the quinoa in a medium saucepan and cover with 300ml water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 mins or until the quinoa is tender. Drain off any excess liquid and set aside to cool.
- Add the fruit, hazelnuts, herbs and seasoning to the cooled quinoa.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest and juice. Pour over the salad and mix thoroughly.