Spin the wheel
Roasted tomato, mozzarella & rocket
- 350g baby plum tomatoes, halved Tomato toe-mart-ohA member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are inâ€¦
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling Olive oil ol-iv oylProbably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It'sâ€¦
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar Balsamic vinegar bal-sam-ick vin-ee-gahTrue Balsamic vinegar is an artisan product from Modena, in Emilia Romagna, Italy, and is madeâ€¦
- few thyme sprigs, chopped ThymeThis popular herb grows in Europe, especially the Mediterranean, and is a member of the mintâ€¦
- 4 thick slices bread (sourdough works well)
- 125g ball mozzarella, torn
- a few basil leaves
- small handful rocket Rocket roh-ketRocket is a very 'English' leaf, and has been used in salads since Elizabethan times. Itâ€¦
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Lay tomatoes, cut side up, in a roasting tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, the balsamic vinegar and thyme. Season and cook for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, toast bread until golden. Divide between 2 plates and top with the tomatoes. Scatter on mozzarella, basil leaves and rocket. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.