Spin the wheel
Lemon and herb roast chicken
- 1 dessertspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Combine the seasoning, salt, mustard powder, garlic salt and black pepper; set aside.
- Squeeze the juice of the 2 lemons into a small bowl or cup, and mix with the olive oil and the spice mixture.
- Place chicken in a 23x33cm (9x13 in) baking dish. Coat the chicken inside and out with the mixture, and drizzle the any remaining mixture over the chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until juices run clear, basting several times with the juices.