Spin the wheel
Winter soup with farro and vegetables
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 sticks celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 400g farro
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian no-chicken base, or 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 (400g) tin chickpeas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add onion, carrots and celery and olive oil to a large soup pot. Cook over medium-low heat until soft, stirring often.
- Add oregano and garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in farro and vegetarian base or stock cubes, and cook for 1 minute. Add potatoes, tomatoes, chickpeas and water to cover.
- Bring to the boil, lower heat to simmer, and cook 1 hour, stirring frequently. Season to taste before serving.