Spin the wheel
Spice and apple cake
- 200g self-raising flour
- 200g sugar
- 180g butter or FloraÂ® spread
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 medium to large cooking apples
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5 and grease a 20cm round (circle) baking tin.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, sugar and then butter or FloraÂ® and give a little stir to mix the butter into smaller chunks.
- Then add the eggs and mix well until all the lumps are gone.
- Next add the cinnamon (this amount depends on how you like it).
- Then skin and core the apple and chop it into small chunks.
- Lastly add the apple chunks and mix well. Then pour into tray.
- Bake until brown, about 35 minutes. As soon as it comes out the oven, remove from tray. Serve hot or old.