Spin the wheel
Eve's Christmas pud
- 200g plain flour
- 400g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 200g raisins
- 250g currants
- 250g sultanas
- 200g cherries, soaked in brandy for 1 month, chopped finely
- 6 eggs
- Grease four 600ml pudding basins.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and spices. In a separate bowl, mix fruit together. Add fruit to flour and mix well.
- Add eggs and beat well. Add enough fruit juice, or brandy, or milk until a dropping consistency is achieved.
- Put into greased basins then cover with a disc of greaseproof paper and baking foil, then steam until a wooden skewer or kebab stick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the pudding.
- On Christmas day steam for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or put into a microwave for 3 minutes.