Spin the wheel
Green Garden Soup
- 1.4L (2 3/8 pints) vegetable stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 50g (2 oz) white rice
- 100g (4 oz) fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 2 little gem lettuces, torn
- 2 handfuls chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan cook the stock, onion, carrot, celery and rice for 35 minutes covered or until rice is soft.
- Place spinach, lettuce and parsley in small saucepan. Cover with water and bring to the boil. Drain immediately, and add to soup. Season with salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. PurÃ©e in blender until smooth. May be thinned with more stock. Serve immediately or refrigerate overnight.