Spin the wheel
Crab & citrus salad with Chardonnay dressing
- 140g white crabmeat
- 1 orange, peeled, segmented and juices kept Orange or-ange One of the best-known citrus fruits, oranges aren't necessarily orange - some varieties areâ€¦
- 1 tsp each chopped chives and dill
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and segmented Grapefruit grape-frootNamed for the fact that the fruits grow in grape-like bunches, grapefruits are the largestâ€¦
- good handful mixed baby salad leaves
- a few slices of soda bread or toasted sourdough, to serve
- 2 tbsp Chardonnay vinegar (buy from Italian delis, or just use a regular white wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sugar Sugar shuh-gaHoney and syrups made from concentrated fruit juice were the earliest known sweeteners. Today,â€¦
- 5 tbsp olive oil Olive oil ol-iv oylProbably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It'sâ€¦
- Make the dressing by whisking together the vinegar, mustard and sugar in a small bowl. Slowly add the oil to the mixture, whisking until it has all been incorporated, then set aside.
- Put the crab in a bowl with a little of the reserved orange juice and toss together before adding the herbs, mayonnaise and some seasoning, then gently mixing.
- Toss the orange and grapefruit segments with the salad leaves and pile a little onto 2 plates. Add a slice or 2 of bread and the crab mix, then drizzle the leaves with some salad dressing.